Wednesday, February 15, 2017

What is Pride?

So, here's something new:

What if pride and humility aren't emotional, but rather patterns of thought. Processes. Things that I think habitually.

Some of you are probably thinking "duh," but this is a new concept for me. I came to the realisation tonight that I have no trouble admitting that my emotions are broken, but I can't admit that my thoughts are broken. There's something wrong with me emotionally, but not logically. I am knowledgeable and intelligent and wise... and then there's my pride. And I would dance around this idea of pride being a problem that I couldn't quite identify closely enough to begin working on. Well, now I can see that it's because the problem 
I've been trying to think through is a problem with my thinking. That's like trying to see the glasses you need to see with.

No resolution, yet, but the knowledge of what pride is.... That's valuable. That gives me a place to start. You see, thoughts are the behaviours of the mind, and as such can be trained.

Now I just need to know how.


No comments: